.Embrace.

My entire life I have struggled with embracing myself. The world tells us that we should, all while pumping images in our heads of what a women is to be like and to look like. It's not easy to find confidence and security while trying to find your identity in the world. It's lonely, it's miserable and well frankly it's pretty self-destructing. Oh, and why we care to impress those that don't truly care about us is something I will never quite grasp. I will never begin to understand why many of us measure ourselves with such vain and impossible standards.

I am weeks away from my twenty-seventh birthday, I am married to a wonderful, Godly man and have an absolutely adorable nineteen month old. So this is my declaration for the sake of my sanity and for the betterment of my family; I am giving myself freedom to embrace who I am. '

No, this isn't a post about self-confidence, believing in yourself or anything regarding you in yourself. This is a post about a creator God, who created us in his image. Our God, who is personal, loving and who wants us to love ourselves. Not in who we are in ourselves, but in who we are in him. You are free to love yourself, to love all of you. You are free to feel pretty and do the things that make you feel pretty. The only standard you need to measure yourself is by Christ's and the scripture is pretty clear about how he feels about us.

Things I am committing to:
Not spending hours fixing my hair (maybe for special occasions). I am embracing my natural wavy hair and honestly I have gotten more compliments than ever on my hair. It's nice letting it air dry and putting a little frizz control product and that's it. Seriously. I'm pretty sure my husband loves me being ready super duper fast too. :)

Taking care of myself. It's ok for me to spend money on myself. Really if you think about it, it's selfish not to. Your husband wants you to be pretty, dress pretty and feel pretty. Our confidence makes us more attractive to our husband and mine deserves the best me I can be.

Being happy about me. Because God created me in his image, he wants me. That's something to celebrate all the time.

Go and be beautiful!

Humility: NOT thinking less of yourself; KNOWING that you are nothing without Christ, but everything with him.


Love,
-Crystal Roberts

Messy hair & I'm loving it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment